- 1 What rock band played with an orchestra?
- 2 Who was the first rock band to use an orchestra?
- 3 What bands have done cover songs?
- 4 What is classical rock music?
- 5 What music genre did Deep Purple help create?
- 6 Which singer did the most developed the funk style?
- 7 How many types of genres are there in music?
- 8 What are the main instruments in an orchestra?
- 9 What instruments do you associate with orchestras and classical music?
- 10 What are the Top 10 cover songs?
- 11 What is the most covered song ever written?
- 12 What is the most covered songs of all time?
- 13 How old does a song have to be to be classic rock?
- 14 Is Metallica considered classic rock?
- 15 Is Queen considered classic rock?
What rock band played with an orchestra?
Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony Without a doubt, the most famous example of rock and classical coming together in Metallica’s S&M album. Alongside the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, the band performed a compelling, ambitious set of Metallica tracks elevated by the sweeping power of a full orchestra.
Who was the first rock band to use an orchestra?
Jon Lord of Deep Purple was inspired to write Concerto for Group and Orchestra in 1969 after hearing the Dave Brubeck Quartet perform with the New York Philharmonic. With lyrics by Ian Gillan, the concerto would be the first that featured a rock band performing in concert with a full orchestra.
What bands have done cover songs?
13 rock covers that are better than the original songs
- Metallica – Whiskey In The Jar.
- Marilyn Manson – Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Nirvana – Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
- Far – Pony.
- Hole – Credit In The Straight World.
- The Ataris – The Boys Of Summer.
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – I Love Rock’N’Roll.
What is classical rock music?
In the United States, the classic rock format features rock music ranging generally from the mid-1960s to the 1980s, primarily focusing on commercially successful blues rock and hard rock popularized in the 1970s AOR format.
What music genre did Deep Purple help create?
Deep Purple is an English rock band formed in London and Hertford in 1968. They are considered to be among the pioneers of heavy metal and modern hard rock, although their musical approach has changed over the years.
Which singer did the most developed the funk style?
From the early 1950s, James Brown had a successful career as a soul singer, with hits like ‘Think’ and ‘It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World’ electrifying audiences around the USA. It was his rigorous focus on live performance that led to his development of what became known as funk in the mid to late 1960s.
How many types of genres are there in music?
According to the popular music streaming service Spotify, there are over 1,300 music genres in the world. Some of the peculiar ones include Norwegian Hip Hop, Swedish Reggae and Spanish Punk. There’s also Black Sludge, Math Rock, Vaporwave and No Wave.
What are the main instruments in an orchestra?
Instruments of the Orchestra
- String family. Violin. Viola [vee-OH-lah] Cello (violoncello) [CHEL-low]
- Woodwind family. Flute, Piccolo. Oboe, English horn. Clarinet, Bass clarinet.
- Brass family. Trumpet. Horn (French horn) Trombone.
- Keyboards and Harp. Celesta [cheh-LESS-tah] Piano. Harpsichord.
What instruments do you associate with orchestras and classical music?
A Symphony Orchestra is defined as a large ensemble composed of wind, string, brass and percussion instruments and organized to perform classical music. Wind instruments include flute, oboe, clarinet and bassoons. String instruments include harp, violin, viola, cello, and double bass.
What are the Top 10 cover songs?
Here are some of the best cover songs.
- Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley.
- Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show.
- I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
- Landslide by Smashing Pumpkins.
- All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix.
- Moon River by Frank Ocean.
- The Man Who Sold the World by Nirvana.
- Take Me to the River by Talking Heads.
What is the most covered song ever written?
According to Guinness World Records, “Yesterday” has the most cover versions of any song ever written. The song remains popular today with more than 1,600 recorded cover versions. Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI) asserts that it was performed over seven million times in the 20th century alone.
What is the most covered songs of all time?
The 5 Most Covered Songs of All Time
- ‘Yesterday’ by The Beatles.
- ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’ by The Rolling Stones.
- ‘Cry Me A River’ by Justin Timberlake Julie London.
- ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon.
- ‘Over The Rainbow’ by Judy Garland // ‘What a Wonderful World’ by Louis Armstrong.
How old does a song have to be to be classic rock?
Of course, the definition of classic rock has been under contention for years, with some people arguing a rock song of any genre merely needs to be 25 years old to be considered a “classic.” Meanwhile, others find there’s a difference between classic rock, punk rock, pop rock, alternative rock, and, well, you get the
Is Metallica considered classic rock?
That’s largely due to releases by Nirvana, Metallica and U2, the groups that make up the last wave of what is currently considered classic rock.
Is Queen considered classic rock?
Queen was one of the most popular, ambitious and beloved classic rock bands ever. The London group created an elaborate, perfection-minded sonic approach informed by classical flourishes, ornate piano passages, stacked harmonies, layered guitars and theatrical arrangements.